The Specialty Materials Product Engineer is responsible for formulation development, overseeing, and maintaining formulations, production instruction, and specifications conformance of Crafco silicone, coating and other assigned products and provide technical support for sales and marketing. The Specialty Materials Product Engineer has responsibility for investigation of alternate raw material sources for use in manufacturing processes and development of new sealant products. Extensive understanding of specifications for products assigned and for raw materials and use characteristics are required. The Specialty Materials product Engineer will require skills in experimental methods and experimental design.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a BS degree or equivalent experience in Science or Engineering field (Chemistry, physics, materials, or polymer sciences, or Chemical, civil, Petroleum Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience or equivalent with formulations, evaluation and development of sealants, adhesives, coatings or related products.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint Programs
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Clean driving record
- Formulations and specification of conformance of silicone and coating products.
- Issuing and updating raw material specifications, production formulations, manufacturing instructions for silicone, coating and other assigned products and all checklist documentation.
- Adjustment of product formulations as required to maintain production of in-specification materials at the lowest cost consistent with quality and performance objectives.
- Monitoring of raw materials characteristics used in production and adjustments of product formulas as required to maintain uniform product characteristics.
- Oversee sample submissions to user agencies when approval is required.
- Providing technical assistance to other company functions regarding use and application of assigned products.
- Communication with vendors regarding raw materials of use in sealant products.
- Monitoring of specification conformance of assigned products in conjunction with Quality Assurance Manager.
- Reviewing bids for choosing appropriate products.
- Planning and coordinating experimental analyses of raw materials, manufacturing methods, and finished products for use in developing formulations, manufacturing instructions and procedures.
- Planning and coordinating research activities involved with development assigned products.
- Performing laboratory testing and evaluations in a safe, accurate and consistent manner in accordance with specifications.
- Maintain appropriate records and files of data, instructions, and procedures in Materials Engineering Filing System.
- Timeliness of performing required functions.
- Must keep equipment clean and in good working condition.
- Must keep work area clean and organized.
- Cooperation with other employees in the department and the company regarding performance of assigned duties and other company activities.
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
MEASURE OF EFFECTIVENESS
- Quality, completeness and accuracy of raw material specifications, formulations, and manufacturing instructions
- Awareness of raw materials and finished product characteristics.
- Specification conformance and uniformity of assigned products.
- Absenteeism and tardiness record.
- Cleanliness, orderliness and organization of equipment and work areas.
- Adherence to company work, discipline, and safety requirements.
- Maintenance of and improvements in quality, performance and costs of assigned production products.
We are an EEO Employer and drug free workplace.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Any employment offer is contingent upon a pre-employment drug test, background check, and MVR.
To apply, you may also fill out the form below and upload your resume.