Run-of-the-mill cold patches use a low-grade blend of construction aggregate and asphalt binder with no quality control or specification. More often than not, these blends are inconsistent, expensive, dry out quickly, and fail to adhere to the existing pavement.
Long story short, selection is important.
A high-performance cold patch like Crafco HP Asphalt Cold Patch contains roughly 5% binder and 95% aggregate. Aggregate is often overlooked as idle filler. At Crafco, we recognize the larger role aggregate plays in providing strength and structural support to the mix and evaluate aggregates based on minerology, hardness, specific gravity, gradation and absorption. Only clean, fractured aggregate and highly specialized anti-stripping binding agents make it into our signature cold patch blends. Tested and approved by utilities and states nationwide, HP Asphalt Cold Patch is the most secure and effective patch for both asphalt and concrete pavements available.
For the all year round, easy-to-use, permanent solution — choose Crafco HP Asphalt Cold Patch.
- Works in all weather conditions; wet or dry, cold or hot
- Tested, approved, and used by utilities and states nationwide
- No mixing, mechanical compaction or tacking
- Adheres to asphalt, concrete or steel
- Perfect for bridge, drain, utility cuts and cutter work
- Patch will not release, eliminates milling before re-paving
- Open to traffic immediately – no raveling or rutting
- No heating, mixing or tacking required
- Remains pliable from below-freezing temperatures